Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vashtie Interviewed for WWD Magazine



I'm a bit Vashtie obsessed (well more than a bit). Of of women in my generation that I admire, shes at the top of the list. Here are a few excerpts from her interview with WWD magazine (via High Snobette).

Here, the New York native talks about her obsession with the 1990s, fashion icons and who she’s following on Twitter.

Twitter feed of choice: Conan O’Brien. “He’s ridiculously funny.”

Favorite fashion era: The 1990s. “When I was growing up, everything my older brother and sister did was so cool. There were so many trends starting, from hip-hop to grunge.”

Trend I wish would go away: “Studs and spikes on everything.”

Style icons: Madonna, Neneh Cherry, Lady Miss Kier of Deee-Lite and Kelly Bundy [from “Married ... with Children”]

Best places to shop: Opening Ceremony and vintage stores in New York. “I do a lot of vintage shopping, but I don’t want to [divulge] my spots.”

I never leave home without … A camera. “I always feel like there’s something I’ll pass by that I’ll want to take a picture of, or a moment that I’ll want to capture.”

Trend I wish would come back: “I’d like to see the Prince era come back. Something really different, like a guy with a perm wearing a Shakespeare shirt.”

Actress I’d want to play me in a movie: Zoe Saldana

I unwind by … Watching “America’s Next Top Model.” “I’m not big on reality TV shows, but I watch that one religiously.”


No comments: